Baseball

 So Major League Baseball has begun spring training, with the first games to be played next week.  I am excited!


After last year’s abbreviated season, I’m hoping this year will be more normal.  The Mets and Yankees will meet in inter league play   on the 4th of July.  And on 9/11, for the 20th anniversary.


No word yet on how Citi Field or Yankee Stadium will function.  I’m not sure we’ll be able to see a live game this year.


But then, the Long Island Ducks are back.


They couldn’t play last year, but they have a workable plan for this summer.  


50% capacity, cashless vending, mascots can’t hug patrons ... but it will be fun nevertheless.


I can’t wait.

Comments

  1. First steps toward "back to normal." YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby steps. I'm a little surprised at the 50% occupancy but perhaps it's because the stadium isn't enclosed. I read the COVID protocols on the Ducks website because I was curious. It's sure going to be different (and the season pushed forwrd a month, which may not be a bad thing weatherwise). Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you'll enjoy your baseball. Maybe things will be more normal this summer. They'll definitely be better than last.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A