Baseball memory

 So it’s cold and snowy today, and I have nothing on my agenda,


I was flipping through the channels on my TV...and found a Mets classic.


June 30, 2000.  The Mets hosted the Braves at Shea.  


An amazing game.  The Game went into the bottom of the 8th with Atlanta leading 8-1.  At the end of the inning, the Mets were leading 11-8.  A 10 run rally, including a three run homer by Mike Piazza,  truly amazing,

It was good to see Robin Ventura, Edgardo Alfonzo, Todd Zeile ... and Bobby Valentine managing the team.

The Mets would be the National League champions that year, losing the World Series to the Yankees.  Being in NYC during that Subway Series was incredible.  I remember running into Model’s to buy a commemorative t shirt for my dad.   I’ll never forget then-Mayor Rudy Giuliani, a deviled Yankees fan, cheering on the Mets ...


Pitchers and catchers report to spring training in 10 days ...

Comments

  1. Sounds like some good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand Arizona wanted to postpone the games for a month but that didn't fly. I had doubts that they would be able successfully restart the short 2020 season, but I was wrong. Hoping for the best this year. I am not the baseball fan I once was, but my husband is a big Mets fan. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freudian slip...meant to say Rudy was a devoted fan ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday