Music Monday




This week's theme

 Songs of the season.  You can celebrate Halloween, or autumn, or both

I love Halloween.  I love the costumes, the spooky movies, the trips to a haunted house. 

I'm not  as crazy as my cousin. He starts working on his Halloween decorations in August. And he and his lovely wife had a "Nightmare Before Christmas" themed wedding.

But nevertheless, I do love the holiday. The Halloween playlist on my iPad contains over 3 hours of music.
I'll pick out a few of my favorites for you.

So, welcome to my Halloween party.

Let's start with Classics IV and "Spooky”



Let's dance.  Anyone remember "The Time Warp"?






Or do you prefer "The Monster Mash"?





When there's something strange in your neighborhood, who you gonna call?





I'll close it out with some Annie Lennox








Comments

  1. Robin,

    I'm not a huge fan of Halloween. I enjoyed it more when I was a kid but it was the candy I think I liked the most. lol Our kids really get into the season as adults getting totally creepy. You're taking the month out in ghoulish style with these fun Halloween themed songs. Classic IV 'Spooky' and Ray Parker Jr 'Ghostbusters' are my favorites in your set. Annie Lennox does alright with 'I Put A Spell On You' but I think Bette Midler's cover is a hoot for the season. I do remember 'Time Warp'. It was many years after The Rocky Picture Horror Show came out before we actually saw it. I can't say it wowed me but it was fun to see. :) This Halloween like the ones before for years I will pretend to be not at home to discourage kids from ringing our doorbell. I'd rather kids not be on the street after night falls and I always worry about someone doing something bad to a child. Anywho, I love your song picks and I enjoyed you being October's co-hostess, my dear. You gave us some great themes and I know on behalf of the 4M gang, it'll be an honor to have you do it again whenever you want. Have a rockin' good week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of them! The cultural anthropologist in me says Halloween serves purposes needed by our culture, but I'm not a huge fan - I decorate more for fall (glass pumpkins, orange themed silk flower bouquet on table, that kind of thing). Maybe it was those masks my generation wore when trick or treating that you suffocated in. Still - there is something about Halloween themed music videos. Bette Midler's is a classic. I did know all of these; good set. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was humming Werewolves of London (thanks to fellow blogger Alaina)--and now, thanks I am now humming Monster Mash. LOLOL

    Have a great day friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Annie's cover of "I Put A Spell On You", and had never heard "Spooky" before. This was such a fun list!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a huge fan of Halloween, but oddly enough, I'm starting to get excited about Christmas. Fun tunes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been a fan of Halloween - though I did get into it when the kids were into it...heh! Loved all your song choices! Thanks for rockin' the guest conductor mode in October - you made it fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday