Springsteen's Rocktober





My alma mater is the State University of New York at Albany.  When I started my freshman year in the fall of 1978, it seemed like the whole campus was in love with Bruce Springsteen.

The reason...WCDB-FM.   The campus radio station signed on the air on March 1, 1978, and the first song played was Springsteen's "Born To Run".

At the same time, the song rang out from the carillon at the center of campus.

Hearing the song always brings me back to my college days.





Comments

  1. I used to be a huge fan of Springsteen. Until 1986. My roommate and I were on a roadtrip and we were listening to the Born in the USA cassette. My roommate reached down to adjust the volume and we ended up in a minor singular car accident. Out in the middle of freakin nowhere! For some reason, I just have not been able to enjoy his music as much after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand that, music is tied to so many memories. If you associate a song or artist with a bad memory, you won't want to listen to that artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never liked Springsteen, which I guess puts me in a minority.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin,

    I might be in the minority. Oh wait, I see John is also like me. I guess he and I should start a club and maybe Mary will join, too. lol Although, I like a few select Springsteen songs I never got onto the whole gone wild bandwagon for this dude. I don't know why but I never did. He obviously is a talented artist and mewsician. I do enjoy listening to his songs when others share them but rarely will I put any of his stuff up on my site. Thanks for visiting yesterday. I've been so out of things since last week with this head stuff that it's not funny. UGH! Keep on rockin', my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday