Mrs. Robinson's Rocktober




A sad story.  The concert I missed...

It was 1981.  I graduated from college in May, and started law school at the end of August.

And promptly came down with mono.

Ugh.

I missed a week of school.  My doctor said I could go back to school...but I wasn't allowed to do anything except go to class, eat my meals, and go back to my room to study or sleep. Social activities were  strictly forbidden.

And then, on September 19, 1981, Simon & Garfunkel gave a free  concert in Central Park.   And all of my friends decided to go.

And I followed my doctor's orders.

I've regretted it ever since.


Comments

  1. I'm sorry. I wonder, though, if it would have been too much for you in that state. You might not have enjoyed the concert while feeling awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might have been for the best, but man, that's a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! I would have hated to miss that concert as well!. sure glad you got to feeling better, though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday