Coasting with Rocktober





If you've been to Disney World, no doubt you are familiar with the Rock 'n'  Roller Coaster.  It's an indoor roller coaster.  The pre show for this ride takes you inside a recording studio, where Aerosmith is finishing up a song before heading to a concert venue.  They invite the audience to join them at the concert, and tell the audience to board a limo. The roller coaster cars are designed to look like limousines, and the theming along the track is supposed to simulate a highway. Aerosmith music is pumped into the speakers of your headrest while you ride.

So we were in Disney World. Jen must have been 7 or 8, and was nervous about riding this coaster.  We waited in the queue for a long time (yeah, it's Disney), and finally it was our turn to board.

And as the car pulled up, we saw that the previous rider had vomited all over the seat.

Jen did not ride the Rock 'n' Roller coaster until she was in high school,  on a trip with her cheer leading team...







Comments

  1. Robin,

    Great Aerosmith song - it's definitely one of my favorites by the band and I love Steve Tyler! He's such a character. I enjoyed him when he was on AI years ago. :) Have a rockin' good afternoon!

    Join me for a Flashback to 1973!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me sad in a way to see my favorite rockers age - but, in another way, so happy to see many of them still performing and still enjoying music. As for that roller coaster - no thanks. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just this past week, my good friend was asking me which version of this song I preferred - this one or the one with Run DMC. I couldn't choose.

    It would be awful to have waited in line for so long only to not ride. It sounded like that would have been a great ride :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A