another this and that

I've been too busy this week to prepare  a post for SkyWatch Friday...sigh....

Sigh...a friend is out of work and looking for a new job.  He signed up for LinkedIn and asked to link with me.  Of course I accepted the request.  I looked at his profile, and it's a total mess.  I offered some constructive criticism. He politely thanked me but would not listen.  Some people are beyond help.  I sincerely hope he finds a job, but I'm still rolling my eyes...

I've been in the Long Island office for the better part of the week on a "special project".  I do not miss my commute into Manhattan...I'm hoping to get a permanent transfer back to the Long Island office next year. Those extra hours of sleep in the morning are making a huge difference.

How easy it is to fall back into an old routine.. On my way to the office I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for coffee ....I place an order through the app, and my food is ready for pickup  when I get to the restaurant.  Just walk up to the counter, find my name, and take my food.  It's a sort of honor system, isn't it?

It's never been a problem at Dunkin Donuts or Panera, but the soup restaurant I like in Manhattan...they've been keeping the pickup orders behind the counter because someone's been stealing the soup.

Weekend project:  addressing postcards to everyone in my election district asking them to vote for my candidate for town council.  Off year election means we won't get a lot of voter turnout, but I'm trying.  And if I have time, I want to finish the book that I've been reading for the past two weeks. 

Maybe things will calm down a bit next week.








Comments

  1. You just have to leave some people to their mistakes. You'd think your friend would want to know what's hindering his job search. Oh well.

    I'm all for extra sleep in the morning. I hope you get to stay on Long Island for longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people don't take advice well. Well, your friend will learn the hard way. Maybe. I hope you get your transfer. I didn't live (as an adult) in NYC long enough to experience years of commuting but I saw it with my Dad, commuting from the Bronx to lower Manhattan (near Rector Street). It does take its toll. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin,

    On occasion, I'll order food for pickup through the restaurants' app or website but usually, we have to get it from the host and that's okay by me. It's a shame that there could be or is a problem with someone lifting your order but it happens, unfortunately. I think the idea is really cool, though. I hope you're able to get transferred back, too. I understand how important that extra sleep is to ya.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday