Women who Rocktober



I commute from my home to work every day on the infamous Long Island Railroad.  And I notice that everyone around me is wearing earbuds or headphones, and listening to music -- from iPods, or streaming it on their phones ...did you know you can even store music on a smartwatch?

But when I first started working in the city, back in the 80's, and dying on the LIRR (until I moved to Brooklyn), the only way I could bring my music along was via a SONY Walkman and a bunch of cassette tapes. I was constantly replacing the batteries in that thing -- I should have bought stock in Duracell.

And what was on that Walkman?




and 





and


Comments

  1. I respect those who are glued to their gadgets. Me? Not so much. I like to be aware of my surroundings at all times. So many folks who walk around clueless, lol.

    Have a great day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree with Linda here, about the gadgets. Too distracting! Since I work from home, music is always playing, anyway.

    A few years ago, The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame had a fabulous display about Women of Rock. These three were well-represented. ☺

    Cyndi Lauper puts on a great live show, too. We saw her last year, opening for Rod Stewart. Looking and sounding fabulous, at age 66!

    Rock On! 🤘

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you hadn't mentioned that these were from the '80's, I'd have been able to tell, anyway... great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tunes. Of course, I'm a big fan of the 80's. I think my first Walkman was for my commute as well. When I got tired of replacing batteries, I started carrying paperback books.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A