I'm on TV...maybe

I work in lower Manhattan, in the Financial District.  The neighborhood is often used for filming TV shows.  Last January I saw  them filming scenes for Manifest.

After awhile, you get used to it.  You see the trailers parked on the street, the signs telling cast and crew where to find the set and where to find breakfast...


Drew likes a TV show called FBI. I've never seen it... But last week there were signs all over the neighborhood:  no parking 9/27, FBI would be filming in the neighborhood.

Well, they showed up with more trailers and more personnel than I've seen before.  It was like an invasion.

They were filming background scenes on the two-block stretch of William Street from Maiden Lane to Pine Street, a sign on Maiden Lane  warned pedestrians that they might be on camera.  Since I bought my lunch at a restaurant on William Street and Cedar Street (right in the middle of the set), there's a remote possibility I made it into a crowd scene. Probably not, but still...

While I was buying my lunch, a crew member asked the restaurant for three empty coffee cups with lids -- probably to use as props.

I'm sure they were doing a lot of filming, they were right behind the building that used to be known as One Chase Manhattan Plaza, and right across the street from the Federal Reserve.

Yeah, I am a little geeked out about this...


Some (very poor) photos of the set:








Comments

  1. Do you know which episode? You'll have to keep your eyes peeled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin,

    That's really cool. A few years back, Hollywood came to Knoxville filming Burt Reynold's last movie, The Last Movie Star. It was a bittersweet story. We were on the set watching the day he drove right past us in a golf cart. I even got a good photo of him. That was just amazing for us, too. Thanks for sharing your experience and the pictures turned out good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday