The “Paul is dead” hoax

 Today is Ringo Star’s birthday. Happy birthday, and many more!


But for some reason I’ve got Paul McCartney on my mind.



Remember the "Paul is Dead" hoax?

I remember finding out about it when I was about 10, we went to visit my parents' friends, and their son -- who was a few years older than me -- showed me a newspaper article detailing all of the "clues" that supposedly proved Paul died in 1966.  The rumor  started in 1969, some 3 years after the "death", and quickly spread.

 The clues included how Paul was portrayed on the cover of the Abbey Road album, and that John allegedly said "I buried Paul" at the end of the song "Strawberry Fields" (he actually said "cranberry sauce").  there are references to an auto accident in "A Day in the Life" that supposedly describe Paul's death as well.

I wish Ringo a long and happy life.


But the irony if Paul becomes the last surviving Beatle …


  


Comments

  1. Ah yes, conspiracy theories are not a new thing. I heard about this when I was a teen (in the '80s), so I had a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in high school at the time. It was all anyone talked about. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A