Music Monday

Today  I begin this month as honorary co hostess of this blog hop.  That means I get to pick our themes.  So on this American Independence Day, we will celebrate with freedom of choice.

One of my regrets is a concert I did not attend.  September 19, 1981, Simon and Garfunkel had a reunion concert in Central Park.  A group of my friends went to the concert, but I did not.  I was recovering from mono at the time,  my doctor told me I shouldn’t go … I listened to my doctor, and have regretted it ever since.

So today let’s celebrate the music of Simon and Garfunkel.

The Sound of Silence 


  

The Boxer


  

Bridge Over Troubled Water



  

Hazy Shade of Winter



  

I Am A Rock


  

Scarborough Fair




  

Mrs. Robinson




America

  


Comments

  1. What a pleasant surprise it was coming to your post today. I'm sorry you missed the concert, but this set brought back so many memories of my teenaged years. I Am A Rock was the anthem of my teenaged angst (I even bought the 45) and later bought two of their albums. The Art Garfunkel solo on America was incredible. I still think enough of us are out there looking for America. Thank you. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you missed the concert. Such great music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always enjoyed S&G. It would've been cool to have seen them in concert but somethings take priority. The good thing you can enjoy their music anytime and you picked some of their greatest hits for us to boogie to on the dance floor. Thanks for filling in this month as honorary co-hostess, my friend. Have a boogietastic week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday