Another this and that

 First, let’s all wish my daughter Becca a happy birthday.  My daughter … my younger daughter … is 30 years old.  She’s spending the weekend in Montauk, enjoying sun, surf and sand.  

All of Long Island is technically a beach community, you’re never more than a 20 minute drive to the beach (Jen and her  friends head over to the beach after work several times a week), but Montauk is a real resort town.  It’s good to get away, isn’t it?

We’re planning a birthday dinner at an Italian restaurant when she comes home.

Drew and I are having a quiet weekend.  Other than a movie (we’re seeing Thor) we don’t have any real plans.  

Though I am looking forward to something we will watch on tv.  The Mets are retiring Keith Hernandez’ number on Saturday.  Keith is one of my heroes from the ‘86 Mets.  It’s a well deserved honor.

Saw a documentary about Hernandez’ career a few days ago.  They interviewed a number of his former teammates.  I love how they interviewed Wally Backman at the Long Island Ducks’ ballpark, with Backman dressed in his Ducks uniform.

Our next Ducks game is July 13.  We’ve been enjoying the games so far this season.  Let’s Go Ducks!

Friday in the summer … bliss …


Comments

  1. Happy birthday, Becca!! And enjoy your weekend, Songbird. Nothing wrong with a quiet weekend. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Becca.

    A warning about Thor. You might want to check out some spoilers that are going around. I heard some rumblings on Twitter. The trailers have it looking like a happy movie, but there's a stinger in it, and you might not want to go in unawares. FYI.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday