Wednesday Medley: National Pie Day





1.  Okay, fess up.  Tell us your top three favorite pies, please.  Will you have some pie today?

I love apple pie, key lime pie and chocolate pudding pie. I probably will not have pie today, as I'm trying to eat healthy...and blowing it on weekends at good restaurants.


2.  While we are talking about food... are you a picky eater or are you ready to try almost any new food?  What is the worst thing you have ever eaten?
 
Picky?  No, of course not.  I love to try new things.  I love a lot of differnet types of ethnic food.  My favorites are Greek and Asian Fusion.
 
But I will NOT eat an oyster.  No, not now, not ever. 
 
A few years ago, at a very fancy steakhouse, I tried to eat a raw oyster on the half shell.  "Tried" being the operative word.  When I lifted the shell to my mouth, my lips clamped shut,  and I just couldn't...more recently I ate a fried oyster.  I will not willingly eat another.
3.  Baking could be considered an art as could cooking.  How do you define art?
Art is a combination of creativity and talent that produces something that brings pleasure, makes you think, and/or gives you a better understanding of the world.
 
4.  Tell us a really stupid joke that made you laugh, please.
What did the cat say when the mouse got away?
 
You've got to be kitten me.
 
5.  January 23rd is also National Handwriting Day. Do you have nice handwriting? Did cursive writing come naturally or did you practice in those double-lined practice books until your fingers hurt?
My handwriting is awful.  No, cursive didn't come easy to me, and no, I didn't practice cursive until my fingers hurt.
 
6.  Tell us something random about your week.
 
Hmmm...it's a cold, miserable week here on Long Island.  I'm dreaming of warmer weather, and counting the days until my Florida vacation.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. I don't think I could do a raw oyster either. Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

    Enjoy your vacation to Florida. That sounds lovely this time of year.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you... I'm dreaming of warm weather too. I hope that your Florida vaca is coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought pie day was March 14th...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love winter, but I like to have snow to go along with the cold weather and we haven't had hardly any at all. I can't imagine that is true for you though. Stay warm. I enjoyed your answers! Happy Wednesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of folks come to Florida to get out of the cold! We are chilly here (cold for us) but probably feels balmy to you northerners! Thanks for joining the Medley today!! Loved your answer about art!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday