another this and that

Well, it's official, the holidays are over.   Overall it was nice, but there were a few glitches, and I have ideas on what I'd like to change for next year.  For one thing, we spent far too much money going out New Year's Eve. I'm thinking we will do a house party next year.

My "nest" is now officially empty. As you know, Jen moved in with her boyfriend last month.    I like him, he's a nice guy, and they make a very cute couple.

Last Thursday  Becca moved into her new apartment, and she is once again my daughter-who-lives-in-Manhattan.   Jen helped her move in and get settled.  I hope she likes living on the East Side.

And I'm back on the "healthy eating" bandwagon.  You'll recall I had surgery in August, hiatal hernia repair.  The recovery involved eating a "mushy diet", meaning most of the foods I use to keep myself on track were not allowed.  And then, when I started to feel better, I started to make excuses.  Well, as you can expect, I gained back some of the weight.  And  I'm not happy with the way I feel.  So it's back to eating right and going to Planet Fitness. 

And this time I have a short-term goal.  I need to be in shape for...well...

We are headed to Florida in March for a long-overdue vacation.  A friend of ours bought a vacation home just outside of Orlando (a short drive from Disneyworld), and when he's not using it himself, he rents it out on Airbnb.  We get the "friends and family" rate,  so ...

The plan is to fly to Orlando on a Friday and return home the following Saturday. We're doing five days at Disney and the rest of the time at the resort.  We've got friends who live in Tampa, so we'll be spending some time with them.  And Drew wants to go to Tarpon Springs -- there's a wonderful Greek restaurant that serves dolmadas the way his mother used to make them.

Anyhow, Disney involves a lot of walking.  Frankly, it can be exhausting even for people who are in relatively good shape. 

So the short-term focus is fitness, exercise, endurance.  I want to feel exhilarated, not exhausted, as I trek through the Disney parks.

Comments

  1. Sounds like it'll be a great trip. Yeah, Disney is a marathon, not a sprint.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday