Aquaman (spoiler alert)

You probably guessed I’d be seeing this movie.

I am a fan of comic book movies.  I love almost every movie in the Marvel Universe, I cant wait for the next Avengers movie.

DC Comics has been less successful.  Some films (like Wonder Woman) hit the mark, while others (Batman vs Superman) can be disappointing.

But I’d heard lots of good things about Aquaman, so we decided to see it.

The current incarnation of Aquaman was introduced to the audience in The Justice League.  This movie is set after the events in the earlier film, but Aquaman’s origins are explained in flashback sequences.

Aquaman is the son of a New England lighthouse keeper and the Queen of Atlantis.  Raised by his father, he is brought to Atlantis to find a legendary trident and to challenge his half brother for the throne.

It did not escape my notice that this unassuming man named Arthur is seeking a legendary weapon that can only be retrieved and wielded by the one true king.

I loved the scene where young Arthur is on a school field trip to the Boston Aquarium.  Yes, there is definitely something different about Arthur ...

And the scene in Sicily with Mera and the roses ...

Predictable but fun movie, with lots of action and a sense of humor.  

And the post-credit scene sets us up for the sequel...

Comments

  1. I've heard mixed reviews for this one. I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday