Another this and that

Did you see the eclipse last Sunday?  Drew and I went outside at the beginning, but it was so cold that we couldn’t stay out ... I saw the Earth’s shadow creeping across the face of the moon, but I didn’t see totality. I hear that an astronomer in Spain got a photo of a meteor hitting the moon during totality.  Sounds impressive.

So yeah, I traipsed around NYC on my day off, in the frigid, artic air.  Only Harry Potter could get me out of the house on a day like that.

Harry Potter has been a part of my life since 2001.  Jen was 11 when she got her fist Harry Potter book.  She’s reading the series now.  Amazing how different it all seems when you’re rereading the books as an adult.

When Becca went to London last year she simply had to see the Harry Potter StudioTour, that’s how important the boy wizard is.

I’ve been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Florida twice, most recently two years ago.  I think it’s one of the best attractions in Central Florida.

But we won’t be going to Universal in March.  We are limiting our amusement park time to Disney this trip.  I love Disney, but Universal s a wonderful park too.  

I’m really looking forward to our Disney trip.  I’d like to go right now, I need some palm trees and sunshine.  Doing the tourist thing in balmy air sounds so appealing when you’re traipsing around NYC in subzero temperatures.

Sigh ..

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday