Naz’s Halal Food

Naz’s Halal Food Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Strictly speaking, “halal” is not a style of cooking.  “Halal food” can be almost anything, so long as it complies with Muslim dietary rules, e.g., no pork products are permitted.

But it seems to me that every halal food cart in NYC serves the same amazing chicken over rice. Chicken over rice, a lunchtime staple when I worked in NYC. 

I haven’t worked in the city in a few years.

So I was pleased to see a halal takeout place open up on Long Island.

And even better, they offer chicken over rice.



Chunks of seasoned chicken atop a base of seasoned rice...I ordered mine with white sauce, hot sauce and green sauce.  Didn’t care for the green sauce, I won’t order it again.  And the chicken was flavorful, I really didn’t need as much hot sauce as was served.  I’ll remember that next time.

I also tasted the lamb ...tender and flavorful chunks of lamb, also served over rice.

The menu, as you can see, is very limited.  Portions are generous, though, and the food is tasty.  The place is located in the King Kullen shopping center, so there’s ample parking.

Definitely worth a trip. 

Comments

  1. Looks like a tasty meal. We don't have that sort of thing in my area. Well, we probably do, I just haven't seen it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday