Hawaiian Kitchen

Hawaiian Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



Want something a little different for take-out?  Try Hawaiian.  Yes, Hawaiian.

Hawaiian Kitchen is a storefront fast food place in the King Kullen shopping center.  There are a handful of tables, most of the business is take-out, and yes, they deliver.  Staff is very friendly and efficient.

The menu includes beef, ribs, chicken, and seafood.  Entrees are grilled, barbecued or fried, and are served with rice, vegetable and macaroni salad.

We ordered two appetizers.  "Crispy shrimp" were perfectly fried, not greasy, and were served with a mildly spicy dipping sauce.  Fried calamari was tender, and served with the same sauce.

Our entrees included grilled beef and grilled shrimp.  The beef was tender and flavorful, but I thought the grilled shrimp was a bit bland.  I will probably try the barbecued shrimp next time.

The macaroni salad was a bit of a disappointment, but that's because it was warm and runny, a result of being served in the same container as the entree; next time I will ask that it be packed in a separate container, so that it stays properly chilled.


The rice was served with a spicy sweet sauce, served on the side. so you can add as much or as little as you like.  I really enjoyed the flavor of the sauce.

I wasn't brave enough to try the Spam musubi - rice topped with Spam and wrapped in seaweed.

Overall I enjoyed the meal.  Definitely worth a repeat visit.



Comments

  1. I was wondering if Spam was a main ingredient in anything. I've heard that Spam is huge in Hawaii as well as many of the Pacific islands.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday