Ch ch ch changes

So....

Yes...

It's true....

Starting August 27 I’ll be commuting to lower Manhattan again.

Four years ago, when I first started working for my current employer, I was assigned to a client located in lower Manhattan.  For about a year or so I worked in the client's NYC office. 

Later, I moved to my employer's office on Long Island, and accessed the client's server, software, etc., remotely.

 Then last year, I was asked to work on a different account.  The new account has been challenging, but I love it.

A few weeks ago my original client asked my employer if I could come back.  After some discussion, I agreed.  The client no longer has the capability for remote access, so I have to work out of the client's office.

 I like being in the city.  I like working in the city.

The commute, on the other hand...

It's not permanent, the project will end in June.  And next summer I will be back on Long Island full time. 

But for now... it's back to the Long Island Railroad...

And I’m sure I’ll have much to blog about.

Comments

  1. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? It sounds like a bit of both. Sorry about the commute. But at least it'll be a good project for you. Changes are fun, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to be wanted, and I like working in the city. It's the commute I can do without.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A