C-c-c-cold

So, one of the perks of living in Drew’s neighborhood is the community pool.  Or, rather, pools.   I usually go to the pool nearest Drew’s house, but there are several locations I can use.

Today I drove over to the pool for a swim.  When I got there, the pool was nearly deserted.  One o’clock on a beautiful Saturday afternoon and the pool is nearly empty?  I couldn’t imagine what was up.

Until I dipped a toe into the water.

It was freezing.

I mean, like “Rose, you stay on this bit of floating debris and wait for the lifeboat while I stay in the water and literally freeze to death” cold.

Like putting my face into a bucket of ice cold.

And then the lifeguard told me that “We have a leak in the system, and they have to add water every night.  A lot of people are going to the [other community pool] instead.”

Guess where I’ll be headed next time ...

Comments

  1. There is always a reason when something is too good to be true. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrr. Although, if the day is hot enough, it might feel nice...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday