Movie madness

I really enjoy seeing a movie in an actual movie theater, especially blockbusters that rely on special effects, like The Avengers or Jurassic World.

In the not-too-distant past, seeing a blockbuster meant we arrived at the theater over an hour before showtime, so that we’d be first in line to choose our seats.  And there would inevitably be folks who showed up to a sold-out show just before the movie began and expect to sit together — and had the nerve to ask if we’d mind switching seats to accommodate them.

Now our local multiplex has comfy chairs and assigned seating.  Much better experience.

But I wish some people would leave their cell phones at home.  Honestly. No matter how many times the theater plays that cutesy reminder with the M & M’s, there’s always someone texting, or reading an email, or whatever, after the house lights go down.  Very distracting to those sitting nearby.

But the phone incident when we saw Jurassic World ...OMG.  The previews ended, the movie began, and someone)s phone rang.  And the selfish, entitled idiot actually answered the phone and carried on a conversation! The entire audience was angry, idiot just narrowly avoided death.

Now, what happened at the refreshment stand ...

Since he paid for the movie tickets, I paid for the refreshments. We walked up to the counter, and I asked him what he wanted.  He said “A large popcorn with butter and a large Coke.” 

 Drew handed his loyalty card to the server.  I told the server behind the counter, “A large popcorn with butter, large Coke, a bottle of water and a small popcorn no butter.”

Simple order, right?

Not so simple.

I saw the server ring up the large popcorn and both drinks, but not the small popcorn.  So, as he handed the Coke to Drew, I repeated,  “Small popcorn, no butter.”

He didn’t ring up the small popcorn.  Instead he  swiped the loyalty card and handed it back to Drew.  

Drew said, “Can you layer the popcorn and the butter?”.  I repeated, “And the small one doesn’t get any butter.”    The server went to get the popcorn.

He handed Drew the large popcorn, and I repeated, “Small popcorn, no butter?”

“Oh, did you still want that?”



“Yes, I still want that.  I don’t like butter on my popcorn.  I asked for a large popcorn with butter and a small popcorn no butter.”

Clearly our server was not the sharpest knife in the drawer.








Comments

  1. Many of the reasons why I haven't been to a movie for years. Even if the special effects make it otherwise worthwhile. Ugh. I'll stay at home and the money I save will pay my cable bill. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, some people aren't quite up to serving other people.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday