weighty issue

So...it's time to talk about a weighty issue.  Specifically, my weight.  From March 2015 until October 2016, I lost a significant amount of weight, 75 pounds. I felt a lot better, I was a lot more active.   And then, even though I had a lot more weight to lose, my weight loss efforts stalled.  I guess I got a bit sloppy about monitoring what I ate.  First it was vacation, then the holidays, then my birthday... I figured that as long as I was maintaining my weight, I was OK.

And then I hurt my knee....

And in the last few weeks, I've started to gain a bit of weight, and I am not happy.  And the holidays are approaching.

Well, I can't use my knee as an excuse anymore. 
 


I started physical therapy this week.  It involves a lot of stretching my legs.  But the therapist also had me doing exercises -- squats, heel lifts, toe lifts.  And then he had me use an exercise machine.  A seated elliptical. 

I had been afraid to use any sort of elliptical because I thought it would hurt my knee.   

My fears were unfounded.  I actually enjoyed using the machine.  It's much better than using the recumbent bikes in the fitness center at the JCC. 

And then I realized where I'd seen a seated elliptical before.

The building where my office is located has a small gym,  employees have access to a small gym in the basement.  I use that gym when I'm too lazy to drive all the way to the JCC.  The gym has a few treadmills, two standard elliptical machines, and a seated elliptical. 

No excuses.  I've got this.

Comments

  1. Why is your blog showing me an ad for worst exercise for those over 40. Lol. I hear you. And I truly wish there was exercise equipment at my job. Between my back injury and my husband falling and injuring himself, I may have to start going back to our Y. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ad is because Google picks up key words and throes to match the words with an appropriate ad, and sometimes misses the mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Score! Nice to have exercise equipment so close.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday