another this and that

Well, we've had a couple of days of cool, autmnal weather, but it's supposed to get warm again this week.  Climate change is real, folks.

Jen is settling into her new job.  She loves the office environment. She's still exploring other career options, still trying to figure out what she wants to do with her life.  She's got plenty of time to explore ---neither she nor her boyfriend (he's a full time student) are ready to settle down.

Becca is excited about her new job.  She gave notice to her current employer, and she will start the new job November 1.  She's moving towards what she wants to do with her career.  She's also talking about taking a few business classes at one of the CUNY schools -- cheap tuition and interesting academic offerings on the graduate level.

Things are still crazy busy at my office.  I'm thinking this may be a permanent condition.  Busy is good.  Busy is job security.

Tomorrow is the breast cancer walk, and I will be at the registration tent again.  later I'll be stuffing envelopes for a local candidate, Election Day i s coming.  On Thursday my Congressman is having yet another of his town hall meetings, this one at my JCC, and I suspect I'll be asked to work the sign-in table.  I'm chairing a charity program at my synagogue on the 22nd.  And then, on the 25th, I'm working the sign-in table at an event hosted by an interfaith council, a panel discussion on immigration.  Busy is good.

But let's not neglect the fun stuff.  Tonight Drew and I will probably get some take-out and watch an old movie -- he's got an incredible DVD collection.  Just a relaxing, no-pressure, Saturday night.

Comments

  1. Busy usual good. I just can't get into who we elected here in Idaho.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. A quiet night sounds wonderful. Savor the small stuff. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound busy. I hope you enjoyed your movie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday