New York on a Friday afternoon

I used to work in NYC.  I don’t anymore, I work on Long Island, just ten minutes from home.

I don’t miss the commute.  But I do miss being in the city.

So when business took me into Manhattan on a recent Friday, I was happy to go.

My business meeting was in the Times Square area.  Lots of tourists in the area, enjoying the sites and snapping selfies.  Costumed characters trying to make a living by posing for pictures with the tourists.  Street peddlers selling “pashmina” scarves and designer-knockoff handbags.  Hawkers trying to convince tourists to ride a double decker tour bus or visit Madam Toussard’s.  Street musicians playing classical violin, jazz sax, even steel drums. Pushcarts selling hot dogs, or felafel, or chicken biryani.

It’s a walking city.  I forget sometimes how easy it is to meet, or exceed, my step goal while just getting from point A to point B,

I thought about getting lunch from a pushcart, but instead opted for lunch at Wasabi Sushi & Bento (review coming).

My business meeting was somewhat disappointing.  But I really enjoyed my afternoon.

Comments

  1. It's been four years (2013) since I've been in downtown Manhattan. It's on my "one day again" list. I would love to walk the High Line at a time other than early July (on a day when it was in the mid-90's, ugh). I don't miss living in New York City (I grew up in the Bronx) but I do miss being able to visit for brief periods of time. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog was so nice and very attractive to see. Thank you so much for sharing these nice articles
    Heart Surgery Ranchi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A