Wednesday Hodgepodge

Joyce has done it again.



From this Side of the Pond
1. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your sense of direction? 1=can't find my way out of a paper bag and 10=if I've been somewhere once I can find it blindfolded ten years later.

When was the last time you looked at/used a map you could hold in your hand? (phones don't count!) 

back east, down south, out west, up north

Choose one of these directional expressions and tell us why you chose it.


I can't remember the last time I used a paper map.  Waze is our friend.

"Out west" comes to mind because this morning the news was dominated by California wild fire.

2. Did you do more talking or listening yesterday? Is that typical? Describe your yesterday in one word.

Listening, I think.  I was receiving reports from various people.

3. Time, money, water-power-resources, opportunity...which one on the list are you most guilty of wasting? What might you do to change that?

Time.  Definitely time.  Get rid of my iPad ....


4. Did  your family take regular vacations when you were a kid? Tell us something you remember about a family roadtrip from your own childhood.

No, we only took three real vacations when I was a child.  All were to historically significant places:  Washington, DC, Lake George, NY and Williamsburg, VA.  Guess I get my love of history from my parents.

5. If you could grow anything you wanted, what would you grow? Why?

I'm torn here, I have no real skills as a gardener.  I think I'd grow tulips and daffodils, the harbingers of spring.

6. Insert your own random thought here.


Becca starts a new job next month, she's moving in a different direction in her career, and she's so excited.

Comments

  1. Good for Becca! Much luck to her. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do a lot of listening but not by choice. I'm home all day alone, so I listen to mewsic a lot! Have a good week. I'm visiting from "Wednesday Hodgepodge"! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your daughter on her new role. We live on a lake now so have a more natural setting as opposed to formal gardens. Most of my gardening is in patio pots which I enjoy. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you daughter. You didn't say what you'd rate your sense of direction on a scale of 1 to 10. I'll admit I'm curious. (I think I'd give myself a 7 or 8.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm ok. Occasionally I get turned around and confused, but for the most part ....well, I'm the Navigator and Drew is the driver, and there's a reason for that. Guess I'd give myself a 7, maybe an 8.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday