I voted!


Nobody pays attention to library board votes, do they?  I mean, so long as the library is open regularly and there are books on the shelves, no one really cares.

I mean, the only reason I even know who is on our library board is because a friend of mine served on the board for a number of years.

No one pays attention at all.

Until something controversial happens.


Our  library board wants to tear down the existing building and replace it with a new, modern facility.

Naysayers objected to the cost and the inconvenience during construction.

Almost 2,000 voters showed up to vote on the issue.  That's twice as many people as voted in the most recent school board election.

But there are 15,000 households in the district.

So I guess it was important.  But not nearly important enough. 

But still...

We're getting a new library!  Yessss!!!!

Comments

  1. That's the problem, isn't it? Most people don't realize and don't care about things that are happening locally. Good for you for caring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A