wedding

Yesterday Becca had an assignment for work, she needed to go to the client's Long Island apartment to notarize some documents.  Problem was, the Long Island Railroad has been cancelling trains all week   -- the LIRR shares Penn Station with NJ Transit and Amtrak trains, so when a NJ Transit trail derailed earlier this week, all three railroads  were affected.  Rather than try to negotiate  train travel yesterday morning, she came home last night, and I drove her to the client's apartment in the morning.

The client lives just a few blocks from the florist where I bought the flowers for my wedding.  When I told Becca "That's where the florist used to be," she replied "You know, I don't know where you and Daddy got married."

Well, she was only 2 years old when Drew and I divorced, and she was in high school when we got back together.  I  know she's seen pictures of the wedding, but I hadn't realized...

We were married at a kosher catering hall in Westbury, NY in 1987.  The place doesn't exist anymore, there's an assisted living facility where the caterer used to be.   I'm not sure when it went out of business, but when Jen was in 7th grade she went to a friend's bat mitzvah there -- that would have been in 2003.

Sigh.

My wedding was 30 years ago.

So much has happened in the 30 years since Drew and I stood under the chuppah and exchanged vows.  Things did not work out the way I expected them to, but here we are, 30 years later.

I feel old...

Comments

  1. I don't recall much about much when I got married.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it just gets worse the older we get. I remember the first time I saw 9/11 in a history book...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A