I can't even...

So, as I mentioned earlier, last week I chatted with my friend L, who is recovering from surgery and complications of diabetes.  I made plans to visit her at the rehab facility tomorrow night.

Yesterday she posted on Facebook that she contracted food poisoning and was back in the hospital, and that the doctors did a CT scan and found a mass...she was hoping the mass wasn't malignant.

Part of that story didn't ring true -- I don't think the medical profession habitually does CT scans for simple cases of food poisoning.    My guess is that they expected to find something...

Drew got the inside story from his sister.

It's ovarian cancer.  And it has spread.

Damn.

That poor woman can't catch a break, can she?

My educated guess is that she will have additional surgery, radiation and chemo.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow night.

Damn.

Cancer sucks.

Comments

  1. You and your friend will be in my thoughts. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. Cancer does suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cancer is scary. So sorry about your friend hope I can deliever her strength.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A