Jones Beach -- sun, sand, surf and high finance

So, since I can't do yoga (the stitches are starting to itch!), I have to get my exercise by walking. Good thing I like walking.

So it was 82*, and the beach was calling my name.

Jones Beach is so different in warmer weather, so many people out and about.

It felt almost like summer.

So now it's time to address the annual dilemma. Do I buy a parking pass?

There's no parking fee at state parks during the winter, but it's $10 a day during the summer months. The fee is collected until 4 PM. Usually, in summer, I wait until after 4 if I want to walk at the beach.

But if I buy an annual pass ...

It's $65 for the annual pass.

The break-even point is seven park visits.

Is it worth the expense?

Hmmmm.....





Comments

  1. When my brother was in high school, he and his best friend got annual passes to Disneyland. They calculated that the pass cost the same as 8 park visits. So, they went 8 times that first week. And continued to go off and on all year. (We were biking distance from Disneyland, so they could go after school and on weekends without parent transportation.)

    This is a long winded way of saying, get the pass. Go a bunch of times at the beginning of the season. Then you'll keep going, and the pass will have been worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pass is worth it, because you won't have to watch the clock on days off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article is an appealing wealth of useful informative that is interesting and well-written. I commend your hard work on this and thank you for this information. I know it very well that if anyone visits your blog, then he/she will surely revisit it again. how-to-earn-money-from-swagbucks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A