Sigh

Another stressful Thanksgiving.

It's hard to split time between two sets of relatives.

In 2010 and 2013, Jen and Becca and I had Thanksgiving lunch at Drew's and dinner at my parents'. In 2011 Drew made his dinner the day after Thanksgiving.

Drama!!!

(No drama 2012, Drew was recovering from surgery for a hiatal hernia and didn't make a dinner.)

Drama this year, too. Drew kept insisting they come for lunch, my sisters kept insisting the girls were needed at home to help prepare the meal.

How did they deal with it?

By completely ignoring Drew. Two ostriches with their heads buried in the sand. Honestly, we didn't know if they'd show up at Drew's house until they walked through the door.

They stayed for about an hour.

Later, when I got back here, my sister H was nasty ... And Becca was rude and disrespectful.

I blame myself, in part. Some of the behaviors I allowed, or even encouraged, when the girls were growing up and the divorce proceedings were so acrimonious ...

But by the same token, we aren't talking about two children here...we are discussing the antics of two grown women, age 22 and 24. They are responsible for their own conduct.

We need to discuss this like rational adults next year, long before the holidays arrive.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday