Friday the 13th

Are you superstitious? Do you believe that today is a good luck day or a bad luck day?

I think most people engage in superstitious behavior. Like, when you spill salt you throw a pinch of it over your shoulder. do you really believe therrible things will happen if you don't? Or do you just do this out of age-old habit?

Most brides wear something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. the presence or absense of these items does nto indicate the chances of the success or failure of the marriage.

I put a bright red ribbon in my new car, and I pinned red ribbons to my newborn baby's undershirt. But was I really warding off the evil eye?

My father, a World War II veteran, thinks Friday the 13th is a very lucky day -- because his got his discharge papers from the ARmy on a Friday the 13th.

But my grandmother....she was a very superstitious lady. My grandmother would caution you to be careful about what you say....

when grandma was in her 70's she'd spend a month in Miami beach every witner. One winter she had a huge argument with another old lady, and told the other woman to "go to hell." The other woman died the next day, and my grandma felt it was because of what she said to the lady. the lady was well over 80 years old and not in the best of health, but you couldn't convince my grandma....

because the same thing had happened to her when she was a young girl in Poland. She'd gotten into a fight with some of the other girls in her village, and a man from the village said "I'm going to tell your father what you did." She told the man to "go to hell", and the next day he was struck by lightning. from that day on she was convinced....

In any event, it makes for a good story, doesn't it?

but just in case....I'm wearing a red ribbon around my wrist today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday