what was your first car?

Mine...well, I didn't have a car of my own until I was 22 and in my second year of law school.  I learned to drive on my mother's Buick, and from age 17 (when I got my license) to age 22, I spent a lot of time saying "Mom, may I borrow your car?"

But then, in law school, I needed wheels to get to an off-campus internship....


...and so my parents gave me my dad's 12 year old Oldsmobile Cutlass, affectionately referred to by my family as "the Rustbucket" because the body was rusting out.  Don't laugh, it ran....

Even after that idiot walking through the dorm parking lot filed my gas tank with a garden hose, it ran.

The first car I ever bought for myself....well, I owned a Buick for about 3 weeks,  bought it used from an auto dealer, drove it for about 5 minutes before it broke down, returned it under the Lemon Law.

the first new car I ever bought for myself was after my divorce.  Bought myself a brand new 1995 Toyota Corolla.  Sand pebble beige.  gorgeous car.

It's got 150,000 miles on it.  I am trying for 200,000,

Comments

  1. The first titled in my name car was a 1988 VW Fox wagon. Drove it off the lot. Nearly 300,000 miles later, Ed was not comfortable with me driving it 40 miles to work each day and we donated it to the Heart
    Association.

    The person who got it got a car that still got 30 miles to the gallon and rode just as nicely as the day I got it.

    And it began my love affair with VW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday