football playoffs this weekend

And the Jets are in the playoffs.

I'm not a big football fan, I care only because my office is just a few miles south fo the Meadowlands and I have hometown pride.  Besides, the Jets used to play at Shea, and they used to practice on Long island -- my home.

I can tell you who won the Superbowl in 2008, but I can't tell you who won in 2007 or 2009.

Superbowl Sunday, 2008.  The New York Giants vs. the New England Patriots.

and Jen and I were taking a college road trip to Hartford, Connecticut.  we were expected to be at the college early Monday morning, so I booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Hartford Sunday night.

so all during the drive up to Connecticut, Jen is busy texting with her friend Billy -- billy played football in high school and he's a major Giants fan.  Billy gives her updates about the game.

Just as we pull ito the hotel parking lot, jen says "The giants just won the game."

we walk into the lobby and there's a huge flat-screen TV tuned to the game, and a lot of unhappy faces....

and here I am with my New York driver's license....

they rented the room to me anyhow.

I think if we'd gone to Boston we would have been killed....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday