I am a terrible mother

I am a terrible mother, i just failed a very important test.

Jen was in her early childhood education class this afternoon, and they had a discussion involving parents' memories. Jen sent me a text message. she asked me "how long was I and what did I weigh when I was born?" I replied "19 inches, 6 pounds 8 ounces."she told me "no, it was 6 pounds 6 ounces."

when Jen was born, my aunt made a needlepoint for her, a cute teddy bear that hangs over her bed at home. on the needlepoint my aunt embroidered her height and weight the day she was born. Jen sent a text to my sister and asked her to go look at the needlepoint.

Jen was right. I was WRONG.

owie.

Comments

  1. You're not a terrible mother. You just had a "moment" that's all. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten things about my children. And, I think she also caught you off guard, you weren't thinking...don't be so hard on yourself.

    Btw, I still live on Long Island on the south shore in Suffolk County. And, like you, I sing. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A