Sky watch Friday



 So it’s finally spring.  Time to head over to Wantagh Park.

The sea birds were most,y mellowing out on the lawn, but I did catch one airborne.







But there were geese!  Canada geese!

Long Island has a significant geese population.  They don’t migrate, they winter here on Long Island.  But we are also on a migratory path, and geese headed home to Canada tend to make stopovers at Wantagh Park.






I saw a bunch of them in the water,






And were those ducks?

But it was not until I saw an entire baseball field occupied  that I realized how many geese were present.






No swans today, but I did see the parakeets.


Parakeets are not indigenous to Long Island.  There are numerous urban legends about how a flock of parakeets came to live here.  Obviously they were brought here as pets.  But now they live at the park.  I heard their chirping, I saw them flying, but I wasn’t able to get a photo today.

 But overall, a fun afternoon.

Comments

  1. Boy oh boy that is a lot of geese. They must be going North for the summer and stopping off there to rest, eat and getting ready to fly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday