Saturday 9

 

Fool (If You Think It's Over)

Welcome to Saturday: 9
. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to 
answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!


Saturday 9: Fool (If You Think It's Over) (1978)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) Do you have any pranks planned for April Fool's Day? 
 
No

2) When Crazy Sam was a little girl, she once pranked her mother by putting bubble wrap under the bath mat so Mom heard a POP when she stepped on it. When you find bubble wrap, can you resist popping it? 

I love popping bubble wrap.

3) This week's song is about a wise man counseling a heartbroken younger person. Chris Rea, who wrote and performs this song, says it was inspired by watching his kid sister endure her first breakup. Were you in love at 17? Do you remember the object of your affections?
 
At 17 I was a high school senior dating a college man.  I thought we’d be together forever.  I broke up with him during my freshman year of college.

4) She's dressed in black as she mourns the end of her romance. Does your wardrobe include a lot of black?

Of course.
  
5) He offers to treat her to her first glass of good wine. Do you prefer white or red?

White.  Most reds are too dry for me.
 
6) Chris' own teenage romance was highly successful. He met Joan Lesley while still in school and they have been married since 1968. Whose was the most recent wedding you have attended?
 
It’s been awhile, I’m not sure if it was my cousin’s wedding or the wedding of a friend’s daughter.    My cousin’s wedding had a Halloween theme.  He and his wife go all out when decorating their yard for Halloween.

7) Chris Rea is a passionate race car fan and once worked as a pit mechanic for a Formula One race. Do you watch auto racing?

No.
 
8) In 1978, when this song was popular, Laverne and Shirley was America's #1 TV show. It's still available via cable and streaming today. Are/were you a fan? 

I loved that show.

9) Random question: What are you grateful for this morning?

Many things.  But I’ll just pick one.



 



Comments

  1. A Halloween-themed wedding sounds like fun, and I enjoyed your kitty's photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2 I think popping bubble wrap is built into our DNA.
    #5 The tannin in the red wines is not nice with me, I get an upset stomach and sometimes a migraine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss a good wine with dinner. Aging stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute kitty! I think a Halloween-themed wedding would be quite entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute kitty picture! Bubble wrap is fun! Everyone should experience it once!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the answers about popping bubble wrap. Did you see the woman who said she gave rolls of bubble wrap to her kids for Christmas? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitty has the same markings as my chihuahua!! Enjoyed reading your answers, Happy April 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to love popping bubble wrap. Now, I think of the Doctor Who episode, and it gives me pause. Then I pop some...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday