Blogging from A to Z — the letter O

 Today we talk about “operetta”.

Drew is a huge fan of the operettas written by Gilbert & Sullivan.  Drew and his sister used to be members of the Gilbert & Sullivan Light Opera Company of Long Island, as were their parents.  Years ago Drew performed in many of their productions, and he’s thinking about rejoining the company in 2024, when they will stage Iolanthe.  

Several of our close friends have also been involved in the company and its annual production.

I’m not nearly as involved with the operettas as Drew is, but I’ve come to enjoy then.  Last year we saw The Mikado. This year we plan to see their production of Princess Ida.  We went to the company’s fundraiser for Ida last month, and I am really looking forward to the show in June.

In the meantime I am enjoying these clips …

From Pirates of Penzance

  

How about some Pinafore?

  

Eric Idle in The Mikado




And as a Star Trek fan I just had to include this

  


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday