Blogging from A to Z — the letter Q

 Q is for quizmaster.




I have been a fan of Jeopardy!  since it was a daytime show hosted by Art Fleming.  I cried when Alex Trebek died.

And now I spend 5 nights a week watching Trebek’s heir host the game he once played.  Who could forget Ken Jennings’ remarkable 74 day winning streak?  Or his friendship with Trebek?  

Don’t misunderstand.  I like Mayim Bialik, she also does a good job hosting the show.  But Jennings is Trebek’s heir, he’s the one with the long-standing relationship to the show, he’s the one most comfortable on the Alex Trebek stage.  He’s the one I want to see when I turn on the tv and hear Johnny Gilbert announce: “And here is the host of Jeopardy!”

Watching Ken Jennings makes me happy.

Comments

  1. I like Jeopardy, but for some reason don't watch it anymore. I don't watch much TV, so there's the reason! Nice Q!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, nice "Q". I was in the audience at one of the original Jeopardys (with Art Fleming) in June of 1971. I've been a fan from the beginning. I was not totally sure of Ken Jennings at the beginning but he has grown into the role. And, one of my high school/college friends was a one time Jeopardy champion about nine years ago. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I like how Jennings does the gig. I think it's fitting as he really couldn't win anything else. He might as well host. (And now he can't compete due to being associated with the show.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like trivia. Our local community theater the Pearl. Now has Trivial night. I haven't gone.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday