Another this and that

 My first gluten free cooking fail. I bought gluten free pasta that was also kosher for Passover.  It was made with potato flour.   I made a marinara sauce to go with it.  It wasn’t bad, but I had a lot of leftovers.  So I divided the leftovers into single serving containers and froze them.  When I reheated the pasta, it dissolved into a sticky mess.  Potato flour is very delicate, isn’t it?  I think I’ll stick with the corn-based pasta.

Though I just found out I won’t be eating Twizzler anymore.  It seems they contain wheat flour!  Who would have thought that type of candy would contain wheat?

I found out about the Twizzlers when we went to the theater.  We saw the revival of Camelot, one of Drew’s favorite musicals (more about that later).

My very lucky daughter is visiting her friend in Houston this weekend.  Her friend who happened to have tickets to the Taylor Swift concert …

I am so disappointed.  Jimmy Buffett hasn’t announced a tour this summer.  He always plays Jones Beach, and we’ve gone to many of his shows.  

There really isn’t much we want to see at Jones Beach this summer.

But at least we were able to get tickets to Springsteen at MetLife Stadium.  Really wanted to see him at the Garden but we couldn’t get tickets for that show.  We haven’t been back to MetLife since we saw Bon Jovi …

Our baseball season is shaping up, too.  We have tickets to several Long Island Ducks games.  I was excited to lean that former Mets hero Daniel Murphy signed with the Ducks this season.  It’s fun to go to the ballpark.

And the annual pilgrimage to Citi Field is set.  We’re seeing a game in August.  

And guess what?  There’s a gluten free food stand at Citi Field!  Burgers, hot dogs, chicken tenders and even quesadillas.    I’m looking forward to it.

Comments

  1. Trader Joe's has a brown rice pasta that I like, but I've never checked to verify that it's gluten free. It does hold up as leftovers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday