Swans

So the other day, a miracle (of sorts) happened.  I had an appointment with my doctor.  I arrived on time.  The receptionist checked me in, and told me to have a seat in the waiting room.  But before I had a chance to sit down, the nurse called my name and brought me to the examining room!

Afterwards, I drove over to Wantagh Park.  I love sitting by the water.  I’d brought  my lunch with me  — a can of tuna salad and some crackers.  I only ate half of the tuna salad, the rest was stolen.  When that yellow jacket landed on the can and crawled inside, I figured he could have whatever he wanted.

I go to that park frequently, sometimes alone, sometimes with my friend J.  J told me she likes to feed the swans at the park, but I’ve never seen any swans.  Just seagulls, terns, geese … even parrots.  But no swans.

Until last week.  Then I saw 8 swans.  Yes, 8.










They are beautiful birds, aren’t they?

Comments

  1. Miracle at the doctor's office! Swans are beautiful creatures but can also be quite aggressive at times. I enjoyed your picture - from afar. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Notice I did not get too close to the beautiful birds …

      Delete
  2. They are. Are they the kind of birds that you want to avoid, though? I've heard stories that they're not so nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday