Blogging from A to Z— the letter F

 Today we blog about the letter “F”.  

So let’s talk about …


Florida!

The first time I set foot in Florida was December 1972.  I was 12 years old.  My grandmother loved her annual visit to Miami Beach, and that year she brought me, and my younger sister, with her.  We stayed at a hotel that catered to Jewish senior citizens, but we had access to the beach, the pool, and every souvenir shop on Collins Avenue.  It was a fun vacation.

My most recent trip was just a few months ago.  In December Drew and I took a Caribbean cruise.  We sailed out of Tampa, so we added a few days at the beginning of the trip to spend time with friends who live in the area.  

In between … well, there were many trips.  In the 80’s we had friends who lived in Ft. Lauderdale.  Drew’s parents moved to Florida in the 90’s.  There were several cruises that sailed from Florida ports.  And, of course, there was Walt Disney World.

I loved the Disney parks.  I also love Universal. I’ve been to both resorts multiple times, and plan to return eventually.  

We have vacationed elsewhere, of course, but we really enjoy Florida.


Photos from various vacations —



Sunset at Tampa Bay.

  

Our favorite Greek restaurant in Tarpon Springs.

  


A taste of “old Florida”


A few years ago we visited Homosassa Springs and saw manatees.



Florida is also known for flamingos 



   

And Gatorland






Of course we visited the Kennedy Space Center, more than once.



  





At Universal a dragon caught my eye 




And then there was Disney




Over the years we’ve had a lot of fun in Florida.  The place just makes me happy.



Comments

  1. oh wow
    https://theroadtobeingapublishedwriter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only ever been to Florida on business. Guess I'e missed a lot. The Greek place looks like a good one. What exactly is the "Weeki Wachee"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to have a happy vacation spot. Do you intend to retire there someday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first time I went to Florida I was about 28 and it was also the first time I ever saw the ocean! (I grew up in very landlocked Missouri!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday