Blogging from A to Z — the letter W

 There were so many options for W, but right now the one that comes to mind is ‘wedding”.

I am the Mother of the Bride.  Becca got engaged a few months ago, and we are in the midst of wedding planning.

I can’t share details just yet, except to say it will be summer 2024.  She has a a venue, an officiant, a photographer, and she just said yes to the dress.  Jen, of course, is Maid of Honor.  Everything else will fall into place soon.  

I don’t know my future son-in-law Brendan well, but I like him.  I’ve never seen Becca happier than when she’s with Brendan.  

It’s an exciting time.  

Drew and I got married on June 28, 1987.  It was a Sunday afternoon.  Our wedding party included my sisters, Drew’s sister, and a group of Drew’s friends.  Our first dance was to “Evergreen”, and when I danced with my father the band played “Sunrise, Sunset”.  

The memories are bittersweet.  We were divorced 7 years later; we  have since reconciled.

But it was a beautiful wedding.

I loved my dress.  It was an Alfred Angelo.  It came with removable gauntlets, to give the appearance of long sleeves during the ceremony.  The train bustled up for the reception. I had a Juliet cap and veil.  

I still have the dress…sort of.  It’s in a box in my parents’ garage.  I never took steps to preserve it, so I have no idea what condition it’s in.

Still …







Very 1980’s, wasn’t it?


Comments

  1. Wedding is a great choice for "W" I will have to remember that for future A to Zs. Wishing your daughter a happy and long marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress was beautiful. I have my mother in law's. We found it in one of her closets when moving her into an apartment. I have no idea of its condition or even if it has a value. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea your marriage lasted so short a time. That is quite the '80s dress. Are your daughters sure they don't want it ;)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have a fancy dress. Did you have a Jewish ceremony?
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very Jewish ceremony. I’d known the Rabbi since I was a little girl, he presided over my bat mitzvah,

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday