Canceled

If you’d asked me, in February or early March, what my summer looked like, I would have said:

Well, Drew is going to get a pass for the community pool.  I think I’ll be spending a lot of time on the boardwalk at Jones Beach, and maybe walking in Eisenhower Park.  We’ve got tickets for a Mets game and several Ducks games — you know how I love my baseball.  We also have tickets to see Rod Stewart and Billy Joel, and a couple of Broadway shows.  Trying to decide which summer blockbusters to see and which ones we’ll wait for the DVD.  Drew just bought a new grill, and I can’t wait to get everyone over here for burgers and hot dogs. Maybe this year we’ll go see the fireworks on the 4th of July, Jones Beach is a great spot for them.    It’s going to be a great summer.


Sigh.

Comments

  1. We can still make it a great summer but it sure is going to be different. Now, for husband and me, a great outing is finding a different place to walk each day. I retired April 17 (date picked before the pandemic reached the U.S.) and all my plans are on hold. (I also accepted an offer from my employer to work part time, which I can do from home.). At least the weather has moderated. Where you are is still phase 1 - we are phase 2 - let's hope, first, that the reopening can continue. And then, good luck to all of us. I know it's been very hard on you and Drew. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can enjoy the yard, the neighborhood, even walk at Eisenhower Park. I am avoiding the beach, because the NYC beaches aren't open so there will be crowds at the Long Island beaches. And Drew has a ton of DVD's we haven't seen yet. But it's not what we planned.

      Delete
  2. We would have gone to the beach in Lewes, DE with the daughters and their families: 6 adults, 3 kids aged 6 - 17 in one "sleeps ten" beach house. Not to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you'll get some summer fun, although it might look different than previous years. Just think of the stories you'll get to tell of this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have fun. Even if I will buy a few sparklers for the fourth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday