another this and that


 No baseball, no Broadway, no concerts, no renfaire, no road trips.

So what have I been doing with my time? 

Well, I read a book.




Yes, I read The Hunger Games.  The first book in the series was published when Becca was in high school.  She loved it and thought I'd enjoy it.    She was right.  Futuristic dystopian fiction appeals to me.  I read the trilogy and then I saw all of the movies.  So of course I wanted to read the prequel.   It's not as good as the original series, but it was a fun, fast read.

Next up on the nook....

Star Trek: Picard: The Last Best Hope by [Una McCormack]

You knew, of course, that sooner or later I"d mention Star Trek, right?


And Drew and I streamed a movie on Disney +



I'd never read the Artemis Fowl books.  They were marketed to teens who love Harry Potter.  Well, I love Harry Potter, but I am not a teen... So I had no expectations.  I did enjoy the movie, but to be honest, I'm glad we didn't pay for tickets to see it in a movie theater.

And speaking of Disney +

Something to look forward to....



If I cannot go to a Broadway theater, I can bring Broadway home, right?

Available July 3.  We can do a double feature, stream Hamilton and also break out the DVD of one of our favorites:

1776 film poster.jpg



I saw this on Broadway a few years ago, and also a production at City Center, and then there was a regional production...

Here's a clip from the movie:





But apparently I missed the return of sporting events to NY.  The Belmont Stakes, usually the last leg of the Triple Crown, was actually the first this year -- the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness will take place in the fall.  No crowds, of course, but it was on TV.  And if I'd known that a horse named Tiz the Law was running, I would have placed a bet.

Though I do hear baseball will be back in July.  Maybe. Possibly.  If the idiot owners and idiot players can get their act together.  No fans at the ballpark, but at least we'll have games to watch.  I hope.

Where is the life that late I led?  



Yeah, tell me about it....

Comments

  1. I read a review of Artemis Fowl. It wasn't good. Apparently the books are better.

    The 7th grade English department at one school actually teaches *The Hunger Games*. Actually, they have several interesting selections, much better than the usual fare.

    Hopefully you'll get some baseball this year. I know so many look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still want to see a Broadway Play and some time they come to Spokane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday