Wednesday HodgePodge




1. This time last year where were you?

Working in Manhattan.  Loving the city, hating the commute and getting very bored with my job.

2. In honor of National Pink Day (June 23rd) tell us your favorite pink food or beverage. Was it on the menu at your house yesterday? Do you like to wear the color pink? If we came to visit would we find this color in your home decor? Blush-fuschia-salmon-raspberry-your favorite shade of pink?

Of course I  like pink.  It's not my favorite color, but it's close.  I like to wear bright pink. But it's my daughter Jen who has claimed pink as "her" color.

3. Stop and smell the roses, looking through rose colored glasses, a rose by any other name, not all moonlight and roses, no rose without a thorn...which rosy saying currently fits your life in some way? Explain.

Stop and smell the roses.  Enforced rest has its advantages.

4. Are you a 'reader'? Do you tend to read lighter books in the summer months? Do you have a summer reading list? If so, give us a title or two.

I don't have a list and  don't choose lighter fare in the summer.  I read whatever captures my interest. As I mentioned yesterday, this is what's on my nook right now:

Star Trek: Picard: The Last Best Hope by [Una McCormack]

5. Share with us one rose and one thorn from your weekend.

The rose?  Jen came over for a socially distant Father's Day.  The thorn?  Becca couldn't come, but at least we had FaceTime.


6. Insert your own random thought here.

The new cat tree is coming today.  I hope she likes it.




Comments

  1. Stop and smell the roses applied to me, also. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same for me with #3. Hope your kitty enjoys the new cat tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop and smell the roses seems to be a popular answer. I always wonder how people can do the city commute every day for long. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best thing about retiring is not having the 26 miles commute each way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #6. She'll ignore the cat tree and play in the box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We’re binging The Next Generation and also Voyager on Netflix. We a also watched Picard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not know yesterday was pink day. Sigh. I was making a blue squid. I would have pulled out something pink, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't make reading lists, either. My interest is all over the board and I never stick to a list. It's why I don't do book clubs, either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Enforced rest has its advantages"...1000x this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday