Sunday Stealing

1. If you could spend a day in someone else’s shoes who would it be and why?


Not a particular person, but I'd like to be a man .  I'd like to know what they really think and do when women are not around.



2. Which celebrity gets on your nerves the most, and why?

Drew loves Dr. Phil, watches him every day.  I can't stand him.  I don't know why, but he just grates on my nerves.


3. If you were going to bury a time capsule, what would you put in it?

Representative of the year 2020, I'd include a face mask, a bottle of hand sanitizer and a roll of Charmin.

4. What is your saddest memory?

Oh , there are lots.  I think it was when my father's sister Sonia died.  I was 14, and had never lost a close relative before.


5. Would you rather be in your pajamas or a suit all day?

I seldom wear suits, my office is business casual.  Though since March my "office' has been the den, and my wardrobe has gotten super casual.  I do make the effort to put on clothes every day, but yes, I've actually done work in  my nightgown.

6. What’s the strangest place you’ve ever gone potty?

My mother used to tell me that when my sister and I were very little, we took a road trip to a state park.  There was no modern plumbing, more like an outhouse set up.  I think we refused to use the facilities...


7. How old were you went you had your first kiss?  

You're supposed to remember that sort of thing.  I don't.  I was probably about 14 or 15, maybe even 16...

8. Do you have any strange or unique phobias?

No.

9. If you could bring back one toy from your childhood, what would it be?


10. If you could be any Disney villain, which would you be?





11. If your life was a novel, what would the title be.

I've already picked a title:  Songbird's Crazy World.


12. What do you need more of in your life?

After three months of quarantine, of sitting home doing no physical activity, I need to get outside and get moving.

Although I did join a Tai Chi/Yoga studio earlier this week.  Right now all classes are conducted as Zoom meetings, but eventually the studio will reoopen.

13. What are your top 3 quotes?

“Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.” -- anonymous


"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."  -- Jimmy Buffett


“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” -- Isaac Asimov

14. What do you want people to remember about you?


I hope they will remember me as someone who was passionate about social justice, intelligent, and  compassionate.

15. What’s the biggest mistake you’ve made?

If i told you I'd have to kill you...






Comments

  1. Being a man is great - and our thought processes are amazing. I wouldn't want to be a woman, to be honest.

    ;o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I just want to know if it’s true that you guys think with your “other brain”...

      Delete
  2. Crissy! I had her! Let's set up a playdate.

    And I looooove that Asimov quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOve those quotes, so much! I forgot about my Barbie... I had several, and Ken, and skipper, and Midge... love!
    fun read, and agree on your #14, that's how I'll think of you!!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had Crissy, and two of my sisters had Velvet and Kerry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I wanted a Chrissy doll so very, very much when I was little, but never did get one. It still excites me a little to come across one at the flea market...especially if her hair still grows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved the quote about the dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dragon quote. The Asimov one is a favorite as well.

    Funnily enough, I've been doing more physical activity since the shut down. I have time to get out and take a walk daily (well, several times a week, mostly).

    My mother hates Dr. Phil, too. There's something about him that sets her teeth on edge. I'm not a big fan, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until the pandemic I was working 8n the city and doing a lot of walking. Since March I’ve been working from home, and have not been motivated to move.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday