Saturday Nine -- the Rain, the Park and Other Things

The Rain, the Park and Other Things

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: The Rain, The Park, and Other Things (1967)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.






1) The Cowsills were a family band who had three hit singles. Can you name another group of popular singing siblings?






2) This was their first hit, and it reached #2 on the Billboard charts. It was kept out of the #1 slot by the Monkees and "Daydream Believer." What's your favorite Monkees song?







3) After seeing the Cowsill brothers perform with their mother and sister, TV producers were inspired to create the sitcom, The Partridge Family. Did you ever watch it?

Are you kidding?  I was crushing on David Cassidy!  Never got a chance to see him back then, but I did see him on Broadway years later, and in concert just a year or two before he died.





4) In the song, the narrator takes a flower from a girl in the park. Are there flowers in your home right now?

No.  I plan to pick some up next time I'm in ShopRite.  I have a beautiful purple vase, it came with the roses my kids sent me for Mother's Day.

5) He isn't sure if the girl was real, or if he dreamed her. Tell us about a recent dream you had.

Sorry, I really don't remember my dreams.


6) At the height of the Cowsills' popularity, they were hired by the American Dairy Association to promote drinking milk. If we were to peek into your refrigerator right now, would we find any milk?

Yes, there's a gallon jug of Lactaid.  We use it in coffee/tea, for cereal, etc.

7) After the band stopped performing together, John Cowsill went on to become a back up musician for the Beach Boys. His job has kept him on the road much of the time. When you travel, do you enjoy staying in hotels, or would you rather stay with friends/family?

A decent hotel, maybe one with a pool.

8)  In 1967, the year this song was popular, Elvis married Priscilla in Las Vegas. Have you attended any weddings yet this year? Are there any weddings in your future?

No, I haven't been to any, and I don't see any invitations in the immediate future.  

9) Random question: Are the bottoms of your feet ticklish?

Wouldn't you like to know?



Comments

  1. We recently watched a movie (Amazon maybe) on the Cowsills. Sad story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I planted Lilac trees below on bedroom window and the fragrance drifts in during the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Cassidy played in Little Johnny Jones here in Chicago. I didn't get to see it -- short run, and I wasn't making much money in those days -- but he got good reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because of his teen idol status, he was an under appreciated talent. I saw him in a Brothers, with Sean Cassidy and Petula Clark.

      Delete
  4. Oh my, the Beegees. How could I forget them!? Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. D'oh...how did I forget the Bee Gees?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your song links! Great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do not remember my dreams either. Mine are so stupid though. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, when spending $$$ you need a pool at a motel... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh,I forgot the BeeGees.. My dreams are usually very silly but I forget them quickly. There are two Shoprites in equal distance from me. One has great flowers the other, meh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo I forgot about the BeeGees... yes many a night I spent teetering around on Candie's high heel mules at a disco to their music
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked them even before they went disco.

      And I had Candies, too.

      Delete
  11. I was not familiar with the Cowsills, but saw your first comment about their story being a sad one. I may have to check that out, not that I thrive on sad stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many of them have died young,

      Three if the family members still tour as the Cowsills on the oldies circuit,

      Delete
  12. Does not surprise me to find a David Cassidy crusher - but I expect I'll find many. You're my first! ;) Your children sound very thoughtful, sending you Mother's Day roses. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Davy Jones was my first love, but yeah, I crushed on Cassidy

      Delete
  13. I think BeeGees and see Travolta back in the day, struttin' down the sidewalk. One of the best song/film combos ever. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man! How could I forget the Bee Gees?!? I was so in love with Barry Gibb.

    Door Into Summer...great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We saw him perform it live and I keep hearing it in my head

      Delete
  15. I never heard of them. Just slightly before my time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday