another this and that

So Drew and I have a new tradition:  Taco Tuesday.  We are still in phase 2 of reopening, so the restaurants around here are allowed to have outdoor dining only;  most people are still limited to take out.  The Mexican restaurant is running a special, $3 margaritas on Tuesday.   I'm not ready for  outdoor dining, so we get tacos, or fajitas, or enchiladas, to go, and enjoy our margaritas in plastic cups.   Sometimes our friend Kathy joins us, and we have a socially distanced visit while enjoying our drinks and food.

I think Kathy is going to come to Jones Beach with us on Friday.  Another late afternoon walk on the boardwalk sounds like fun.  We're planning to have Chinese take out after our walk.

Kathy found a studio that does tai chi, yoga and meditation classes.  The studio is about 10 minutes from Drew's house.  Right now they're not permitted to have classes in the studio, but they're doing classes on line via Zoom.  She was very impressed.  I'm going to try a tai chi class, and if I like it, I'll try yoga as well.  It's been too long since I did yoga and meditation, and I'd like to get back into the practice.  

So it sounds like Major League Baseball and the players are close to an agreement, and that we will actually have baseball this summer.  I hoe they close a deal soon, I want to see the Mets and Yankees play this summer.   I mean, everything else is cancelled, at least I can have baseball, right?

Well, almost everything.  The Long Island ducks are still talking about a season, too, but no details yet. I keep checking their website...

And Rod Stewart has not canceled his August concert at Jones Beach.   All of the acts who were supposed to perform at the Jones Beach theater this summer have either cancelled or postponed, except for two -- Rod Stewart and Hall & Oates.   I  keep checking, I suspect the show will be postponed...

And the NY Renaissance Faire is still telling us that they will open for the season in mid August and run through October.  I keep checking their website...

Sigh...

Comments

  1. We're stuck in the house because of our "underlying conditions" and it is getting OLD ( as are we )! Not exactly what I anticipated for my final decade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This year really sucks, doesn't it? It'll be a very different summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most everything up here in the Binghamton area is either cancelled or postponed until October. Thankful I have a back yard and internet access. My husband can't wait for baseball to start up (if it ever does this year); there is only so much reruns of past championship games one can watch. P.S. I saw where Rod Stewart cancelled his Florida concert to 2021 so your local postponement doesn't come as a surprise. Too bad. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  5. Rod Stewart is postponed to July 2021. And the Faire canceled it’s 2020 season. Still waiting on the Ducks, but I suspect they will be playing without an audience, if at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is cancelled in IL and WI. We had wanted to go to WI State Fair. My wife really enjoyed it and had never been there and said she wanted to make it an annual trip. It’s canceled.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday