Saturday 9 Little Things




Little Things (1964)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 1) In this song, Bobby Goldsboro celebrates the "little things" that delight him, like seeing his girl smile. What are some little every day things that reliably lighten your mood?

A can of Diet Pepsi, Drew's smile, Duchess purring at me.
2) Bobby is a lifelong sports fan. While in high school, he came to terms with physical limitations -- slender build, slow speed -- that would prevent him from having a career as a professional athlete. That's when he turned his attention to music. Given your choice, would you rather make your living in music or sports? Explain your decision.


I call myself "Songbird" on the internet.  I guess that means music is my priority.  
3) Shortly before "Little Things" was released, Bobby toured England for two weeks, backing up Roy Orbison. They opened for The Beatles. Bobby fondly recalls spending time with Paul McCartney, teaching him how to imitate the croak of an Alabama tree frog. Are you good at imitations (human or otherwise)?


Nope.

4) Back in the States, Goldsboro (again with Orbison) opened for the Rolling Stones in New York. Which band did you listen to more recently, the Stones or the Beatles?

I love the Stones, but the Beatles...OMG.  I did a blog post a couple of weeks ago about Good Evening New York City, the concert Paul McCartney did at Citi Field in 2009, and of course I listened to the music...
5) Bobby worked on projects with Burt Reynolds, doing the music for the movie Gator and the TV show Evening Shade. Burt said it was not only Bobby's musical ability but also his wit that made him fun to work with. What qualities do you value in a coworker?


This is my current coworker:


Like many others I am currently working from home. Interestingly I started a new job just as the pandemic hit.  So I really don't know my coworkers. Someday I will be back in the office.  I don't expect my coworkers to have four paws and a purr, but I'd like them to be friendly and social.


6) These days, Bobby spends more time painting than performing music. He regularly donates his artwork to be auctioned off for charity. Have you ever tried your hand at painting?


Not since i was a kid.  We had to paint in Art  class in junior high.  I haven't held a paintbrush since.
7) In 1964, when this song was on the radio, women spent more on styling gels and sprays than they do today. Are you having a good hair day? Or has the pandemic made dealing with your hair something of an adventure?


My hair is a mess...
8) Nationally and internationally, one of 1964's biggest news stories was the marriage of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. The bride wore a yellow dress and white and yellow flowers in her hair. The groom was decked out in a sedate dark suit with a red tie and a yellow boutonniere. What did you wear the last time you got really dressed up? 

Black pants, a turquoise  crocheted top and a matching scarf.


9) Random question: Imagine you're stranded on a desert island with a complete stranger. Would you prefer your one and only companion be a man or a woman?

I have no idea.  Most men have physical strength which would be key to our survival. But I would likely be more comfortable with another woman.  


Comments

  1. Purring co-workers are the best. Manglement at the hospital sent us home to work, and they just pulled us back, in the middle of the shutdown. "Just for 60 days, and then you'll be remote permanently" Surrrrre we will. Anyhow, I really miss my furry co-workers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cat Reynaldo has been photo bombing my video conferences. He's far more entertaining than my human coworkers.

    Ah, Sir Paul! My great love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome co-worker! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a sweet co-worker, Songbird😸Clean Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend. Stay Safe Healthy and Yourselfie🙏🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had forgotten that song. Bobby Goldsboro appeared on The Tonight Show frequently in the '70's and he was a really funny guy. He had always managed to injure himself somehow, and his description of how it happened was always hilarious. My favorite story was how he cut his toe on a Rice Krispie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get to meet your coworkers in real life very soon - and safely. Hasn't this been the strangest time ever?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your current coworker is adorable! I hope you are back in the office soon and this whole fiasco is over safely for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, our dress up style sounds about the same. I loathe pantyhose and dresses and avoid them like the plague.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is a reason I keep my hair long enough to pull back. Every day I pull it back into an elastic hair tie. Easy.

    Have you seen this: https://twitter.com/gdinwiddie/status/1250130371242582016

    ReplyDelete
  10. It been a while since I real got dressed up, I would guess for my son weddings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday