Going Gaga with the Saturday 9

Always Remember Us This Way

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Always Remember Us This Way (2018)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) In this song, Lady Gaga sings about the Arizona sky and California gold. Have you visited many of our western states?

I'm a New Yorker, haven't had much opportunity to travel  out west.  I did have a business trip to San Diego a few years ago, and I'd love to go back.


2) She sings that she's overwhelmed and can't find the words to express herself. Do you find it easier to share your feelings verbally or in writing?

I'm definitely more open when I write.
3) Her real name is Stefani Germanotta. She took her stage name from the Queen song, Radio Gaga. Do you have a favorite Queen song?




4) Her dad is Joe Germanotta, president of GuestWifi, a company that enables hotels and restaurants to offer high-speed wifi to their customers. Do you consider yourself tech savvy?


I'm no expert but I do OK.  When 90% of your job requires a cell phone and a laptop, you learn ...and when you find yourself working from home, you learn faster...
5) Early in her career, Lady Gaga performed songs for a children's audio book called The Portal in the Park
Tell us about the last book you finished -- did you listen to an audiobook, or read a download to an electronic device or a bound book with pages?


I'm a big fan of e-books.  I own a Kindle and a nook, and I have Kindle, nook and Libby on the iPad.  

Last book I read?



 
6) She prefers dogs to cats and tea to coffee. Do you agree with her?

Not at all. I'll drink tea occasionally, but my usual beverage is coffee with half and half.   I love dogs, but right now the only animals in my life purr.

Here's Duchess.







And Redford...





7) Back in 2015, she appeared at the Academy Awards, performing a medley to celebrate the 50th anniversary of The Sound of Music. The movie's star, Julie Andrews, graciously came onstage to thank Gaga for her showstopping performance. Whom did you most recently thank?


My boyfriend Drew is so nice to me, I thank him every day  for little things he does.
8) In 2018, when this song was first released, retailer Toys R Us closed all its stores and went out of business. What's the last toy you purchased?


If you consider an e-reader a "toy", it would be my nook.  A real toy?  I can't remember.
9) Random question: How has social media made your life better?


It helps me stay in touch with people. And I have found old friends again because of Facebook.

Comments

  1. Duchess is beautiful and Redford is handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duchess and Redford both exude such attitude! :)

    Haven't heard that Queen song in ages. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks for introducing us to the kitties. Duchess is very regal and Redford...well, I've always had a soft spot for orange kitties.
    Hang on to Drew, that man sounds like a keeper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a Nook and a kindle and several apps on my iPad. I prefer the Nook...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the nook is a better device. But I can get library books on the Kindle.

      Delete
  5. I love the royal kitty name and Redford is such a pretty kitty.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My books are being sent to the Libby app. I really like it. It is giving me a way to access books anyway. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a boyfriend who does nice things! Hang on to that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Radio Gaga" is my favorite Queen song. Always a winner posting pictures of the kitties.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday